We built this three-session class to provide a thorough introduction to using a DSLR or mirrorless camera comfortably in a wide variety of situations. This course it built for people who have a camera and want to learn more about taking beautiful images but don’t necessarily want to take their photographic journey any further than images of friends, family or pretty landscapes.
This class will teach you how to set up and operate your camera in Aperture Priority mode and take beautiful photographs in a wide variety of shooting situations! If you own a camera and want to spend three full evenings learning more about how to use it, this is the class for you!
- Initial camera set up
- Settings to worry about and things to leave alone
- Formatting memory cards and why that’s important
- Raw and JPEG and when to use each one
- Lens choices and what lenses are good for different shooting situations
- Shutter Speeds
- Using Aperture Priority mode
- How to use Aperture Priority in a variety of shooting conditions
- When to use your pop-up flash as well as how to avoid using it
- Getting your images from your camera to your computer to your phone
- Emailing and sharing images on social media