Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
3/14/2019 - 3/21/2019
This three-session class will provide a thorough introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and give students comprehensive knowledge on how to get started using the program. If you have ever made a mess in Lightroom (missing images, exclamation marks, question marks) this is the class for you. We start by discussing the inner workings of Lightroom, transition to how to organize your images and conclude with how to actually edit your images.
- How to not make a mess in Lightroom
- How to import images into Lightroom
- Best practices for image organization
- Using Keywords, Collections, and Filters to sort your images
- How to add your copyright to your images
- Exposure, Contrast, Saturation
- Basic Panel
- Cropping and straightening
- White Balance
- Creating black and white images
- Localized color adjustments with HSL
To take this course you must have a basic understanding of Lightroom and feel confident importing images and working in the Library Module.
- Thursday, March 14: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Basic Library Module
- Thursday, March 21: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Intermediate Library and Basic Develop Modules
- Thursday, March 28: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Intermediate Develop Module
Your class will meet in Room 204* at Rocky Mountain School of Photography.
Rocky Mountain School of Photography
210 N. Higgins Avenue
Missoula, MT 59802
*Enter the glass doors at 210 N. Higgins Avenue and take the stairs to the second floor. Room 204 will be on your right.
Parking downtown is free after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- A laptop computer (call us if you are unsure of whether your laptop can run Lightroom).
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC software (we will not be taking class time to install Lightroom so please arrive with Lightroom fully installed and operational).
- An external mouse is also highly recommended, especially if you have a hard time using your laptop’s track pad.
Note: Please be sure that you are using Lightroom Classic CC to attend this course. Lightroom CC will not be covered in this class. To learn more about the different Lightroom versions, check out this video.
Forest Chaput de Saintonge
Forest Chaput de Saintonge directs Rocky Mountain School of Photography with his wife, Sarah. He has been immersed in photography since he was born. He grew up in Missoula and began taking photos with an SLR when he was seven years old. He started working for Rocky Mountain School of Photography at age 13. During his free time, he likes to become a master at new things, build stuff, run, hike, bike, photograph, and be an amateur astronomer. Forest has a BA in Astrophysics, just because. He really enjoys teaching and loves to help students understand concepts thoroughly. Forest has vast experience working with and teaching Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, and has worked many hours in the black and white darkroom.
Perks of Registering For Adult Education
EDU Advantage Program
By registering and completing any course with us, you will automatically be eligible for EDU status with B&H Photo. EDU members can save money on select items sold by B&H.
Creative Cloud Subscription
The software you use in your workflow is almost as crucial as your camera. Register for any RMSP course and you will receive a code to save 15% on a Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for the first year.