CONTEST CLOSED! The top 10 images are currently being selected... they will be live on our Facebook page in just a few days and you can vote for the grand prize winner there! 👍🏼
In 2017, the U.S. Capitol Christmas tree is being sourced from MONTANA! It’s not every day that the most recognizable Christmas tree in the country comes from your backyard. But when it does, you make some noise!
RMSP is proud to join forces with Choose Outdoors, the leading non-profit partner of the U.S. Forest Service, who provides assistance with the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree initiative. In 2017, the tree that will adorn the lawn of the capitol building in Washington D.C. will come from Montana’s Kootenai National Forest.
To celebrate Montana’s involvement this holiday season, the importance of all of America’s forests, and our love of the great outdoors, we are hosting a photo contest for all of the other U.S. National Forest lovers out there.
If you're one of them, submit your images with the button below! It's free to enter. The contest closes October 25, 2017. The top ten images will then be posted on Facebook, where the public will vote on the final winner by November 22, 2017!
AND one super lucky Grand Prize winner will receive a roundtrip ticket voucher to fly to one of Alaska Airlines destinations!
See complete rules and details below.
- The 2017 National Forest Photo Contest begins on August 16, 2017 and ends at midnight on October 25, 2017. Our system will not allow you to upload any images outside of these times. No submissions will be accepted before or after these times.
- All submitted images must have been taken on U.S. National Forest land.
- All submissions must be made through our website. Submissions will not be accepted via email, link sharing, file transfer service, or other similar methods.
- You are not allowed to upload images for anyone else (ie: friend or family member) while logged into your account. Each submitter must submit using their own RMSP user account.
- You must be the sole copyright owner of all images submitted, and none of your submitted images are exclusively licensed to any other person, company, agency or entity.
- Composite images are allowed, however you must be the legal copyright holder of each source image.
- You agree to hold harmless RMSP from any conflict relating to copyright of all digital images submitted.
- Images must not include any props, models or sets on National Forest lands, per National Forest guidelines.
- There is no limit on the number of images you may submit.
- You agree to hold harmless RMSP from any conflict relating to the Facebook voting portion of the photo contest.
- You agree to hold harmless RMSP from any conflict relating to receiving and coordinating the grand prize of the photo contest.
- By submitting images to our contest, you agree to receive ongoing communications from us and our contest sponsors.
- By submitting images to our contest, you consent to RMSP and/or our contest sponsors using your images for promotion of the contest.
- By submitting images to our contest, you consent to RMSP, Choose Outdoors and Alaska Airlines using your image with photo credit on its website or social media accounts.
- RMSP will never make your images available to any third party (except contest sponsors) without your permission.
- You agree to allow RMSP to store your digital file(s) on our servers. We reserve the right to delete your images at any time.
- Prizes are subject to change.
- Each Alaska Airlines travel authorization certificate is valid for a one (1) economy-class round-trip ticket on flights marketed by Alaska Airlines and operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon, Alaska operated by Virgin America, or SkyWest only. Not valid for flights to or from Cuba. Blackout dates apply: November 20-27, 2017 and December 18, 2017 – January 2, 2018. Valid for one year from issue date. Mileage Plan Miles or Elevate Points cannot be earned or credited. First class paid upgrades or Mileage Plan upgrades are allowed. Standard baggage fees apply; see our checked baggage policy and flight schedules at www.alaskaair.com for more details. Once ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary.
This contest is made possible only in conjunction with Choose Outdoors, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and preserving our U.S. public lands.
In addition, Alaska Airlines is generously providing the winner's round-trip ticket.
A full list of sponsors of the 2017 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree effort is visible on the Capitol Christmas Tree website.
Our in-house photography experts will narrow down the submitted images to a final ten. Those final ten images will be chosen by RMSP's in-house photo instructors based on technical mastery, aesthetic interest, story, and use of light. Those ten images will be uploaded on Facebook for the public to vote on the final winner. The photo that receives the most votes will be chosen as the grand prize winner!
There will be one grand prize winner who will receive a round-trip airline ticket voucher from Alaska Airlines. The coordination of this grand prize will be handled solely between the grand prize winner and Alaska Airlines. The winner will need to make their flight reservations at least two weeks in advance of the trip. The ticket voucher expires August 1, 2018. The grand prize includes airfare only. The winner is responsible for lodging and meals on their chosen trip.