Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic
11/5/2019 - 11/19/2019
This three-session class will provide a thorough introduction to Adobe Lightroom Classic and give students comprehensive knowledge on how to get started using the program. This is an entry level class that goes through the complete process of importing your photographs properly so you can find them, organize them, and do basic edits to them. If you’ve used Lightroom in the past and have made of mess (missing images, exclamation marks, question marks), this is the class for you!
- Understanding what Lightroom is and how it works
- How to import images into Lightroom
- Best practices for image organization
- Using Keywords, Collections, and Filters to sort your images
- Exposure, Contrast, Saturation
- Basic Panel
- Cropping and straightening
- White Balance
- Creating black and white images
- Localized color adjustments with HSL
- Exporting images for posting on social media
To take this course you must have the most updated version of Lightroom Classic installed on your computer and know how to launch the program.
- Thursday, November 5: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Basic Library Module
- Thursday, November 12: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Intermediate Library and Basic Develop Modules
- Thursday, November 19: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Intermediate Develop Module
Your class will meet in Room 204* at Rocky Mountain School of Photography.
Rocky Mountain School of Photography
210 N. Higgins Avenue
Missoula, MT 59802
*Enter the glass doors at 210 N. Higgins Avenue and take the stairs to the second floor. Room 204 will be on your right.
Parking downtown is free after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- A laptop computer (call us if you are unsure of whether your laptop can run Lightroom).
- Adobe Lightroom Classic software (we will not be taking class time to install software, so please arrive with Lightroom Classic fully installed and operational).
- An external mouse is also highly recommended, especially if you have a hard time using your laptop’s track pad.
Note: Please be sure that you are using Lightroom Classic to attend this course. To learn more about the different Lightroom versions, check out this video.
Rob Gappert is a landscape and nature photographer. He grew up in Bismarck, North Dakota but now calls Missoula home. Rob enjoys the outdoors and has been shooting landscapes for the better part of 15 years. He loves to travel with his family and is a self-proclaimed “National Park Junkie”. Rob is a 2015 Summer Intensive graduate and loves to share his passion for the art.
Perks of Registering For Adult Education
EDU Advantage Program
By registering and completing any course with us, you will automatically be eligible for EDU status with B&H Photo. EDU members can save money on select items sold by B&H.
Creative Cloud Subscription
The software you use in your workflow is almost as crucial as your camera. Register for any RMSP course and you will receive a code to save 15% on a Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for the first year.