2017 High School Photo Contest
Hold your horses! The 2018 High School Photo Contest begins December 1st! (Scroll down for details.)
In the meantime, read about last year's contest...
Congratulations to Zach Bohannon of Louisville, KY, the GRAND PRIZE WINNER of our 2017 High School Photo Contest!
What began with a trickle of submissions on December 1, 2016 ended with a flood of submissions on February 28, 2017. Just check out these numbers:
Thank you to everyone who entered this contest! We are SO impressed by your work. Keep sharing your own unique vision with the world. You all have so much potential and so much talent!
2017 Category Winners
Zach Bohannon, KY
Andrew Junge, CO
Quinn Hiaasen, FL
Leah Paire, MD
Taicheng Jin, MA
Olivia Crutchfield, MN
Sydney Ibach, GA
Eakin Howard, NC
Kevin Huang, CA
- The RMSP High School Photo Contest begins on December 1, 2017 and ends at midnight on February 28, 2018. Our system will not allow you to upload any images outside of these times. No submissions will be accepted before or after these times.
- All submissions must be made through this website (www.rmsp.com). Submissions will not be accepted via email, link sharing, file transfer service, or other similar methods.
- Uploading images for someone else (i.e., a friend or classmate) while logged into your own account, is not allowed. Each submitter must submit through their own account.
- By submitting one or more images to the Photo Contest, you (or your parent or guardian if you are under 18 years of age) are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, as detailed under the Submit button below. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and contact RMSP if you have any questions or concerns.
- Composite images are allowed, but you must be the legal copyright holder of each source image.
- There is no limit on the number of images you may submit.
- By submitting images to our contest, you agree to receive ongoing communications from us and our contest sponsors.
- By submitting images to our contest, you consent to RMSP and/or our contest sponsors using your images for promotion of the contest.
- Prizes are subject to change.
- Judges are subject to change.
Just because you are entering a photo contest sponsored by a photography school in Montana (the most beautiful state ever, anywhere), your nature images don't necessarily have to be of towering mountains, crystal clear lakes, or bald eagles. This category is where you will want to submit all of your amazing images that were taken outside. But keep in mind "nature" or "outside" doesn't necessarily mean rural areas, off-the-beaten path locations, or have to depict national-park-style beauty. If you captured amazing light on a corn field in Nebraska, submit it here. Got a great photo of a bird perched on a stop sign in New York City? Submit it here. Have an epic photo of an octopus riding a shark that is jumping out of the water ... to catch a flying fish ... in front of a rainbow ... with lightning in the distance? Absolutely submit that gem here!
People are everywhere! (especially in the parking lot when I am trying to find a spot close to the door ... sheesh!). This category is where you should submit all of your amazing studio portraits, tender moments between your grandpa and his dog, or the overly expressive fan at a football game. Male or female, young or old, silhouetted or well lit ... if the main subject of your frame is a person or group of people, submit it in this category.
Whether it's a cityscape, a photo of your cat, a pair of shoes, or a fancy product shot, this is the category to encompass all of it.
If you are unsure about whether your image fits in this category, ask yourself what the main subject of your photo is. Is the runner a tiny speck in a beautiful landscape? If so, your image might be better entered into the nature category. Is the runner pausing to pose for a portrait? That image might be better suited for the people category.
Prizes will be announced by the start of the contest!