RMSP is a firm believer in students pursuing higher education following high school graduation. For our 2022/2023 program, RMSP will award up to five scholarships to graduating high school seniors who enroll in the Professional Intensive program. The scholarship value is a $5000 tuition credit. Scholarships are awarded through an application process, are based on merit and are to be awarded to students who want to be professional photographers. Scholarships will be awarded to qualifed applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
- High school students may apply for the Professional Intensive program and the scholarship at any time during their last year of high school or following their high school graduation.
- Up to five scholarships will be awarded for the 2022/2023 Professional Intensive program.
- The scholarship value is a $5000 tuition credit.
- Scholarship applications for the 2022/2023 Professional Intensive program must be received by RMSP no later than midnight, December 12, 2021.
- Only one scholarship per person will be awarded.
- Only those students who graduate from high school in the same year as enrolling in the Professional Intensive program are eligible to apply.
- Students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 to be considered.
- In order to apply, students need to submit a copy of their transcript from their most-recently completed term, a Letter of Intention, explaining what they intend to do with their photography in the future, and a Letter of Recommendation from one of their high school teachers. The letter of recommendation should attest to the student's character, academic strengths, unique skills and accomplishments. For more tips, read "How to Get a Great Letter of Recommendation" from College Board.
- We do not require applicants to provide a photographic portfolio with their application. We want all graduating high school students to be eligible, even those who have no prior photographic experience!
- Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the RMSP School Director.
- Scholarships for the 2022/2023 Professional Intensive program will be awarded on Friday, December 17, 2021.
In order to apply for the scholarship and be considered, please email a copy of your high school transcript from your most recently completed term, your Letter of Intention and a Letter of Recommendation to Bob McGowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.